Pastel artists of all levels are welcome to become members. All members are encouraged to participate, whether attending or presenting, with demonstrations and workshops or volunteering to help with scheduled events. The mission of PSME is to encourage and raise public awareness of the pastel medium, while giving our members an opportunity to exhibit, acquire new skills and to support and share ideas with fellow artists.
- interact with other artists, share ideas and learn new techniques
- exhibitions and receptions
- quarterly meetings and educational programs
- receive email event notices
- receive our quarterly newsletter providing show announcements and general art news
- access and utilize the Lending Library’s collection of pastel books, videos and CDs
- enter our non-juried Annual Members Show
- receive member discounts and early registration opportunity for PSME sponsored workshops
- link your website from the PSME website
- receive a discount on PSME annual juried exhibition entry fee
- be juried into Signature Membership
- display your work in the Signature Gallery as a Signature Member
- liaison through PSME with the Maine Arts Commission and the International Association of Pastel Societies (IAPS)
- exhibit at various locations throughout the state
- attend, present or organize demonstrations, workshops and critiques
- paint with PAPME (Plein Air Painters of Maine) for weekly paint-out opportunities.
Annual Dues: $35 per calendar year 1/1/2017 – 12/31/2017
PSME Signature Member Information
Members interested in applying for PSME Signature Membership may do so once a year, in the month preceding the annual International Juried Exhibit Pastels Only! Signature Members may use the initials “PSME” after their name. This honor is awarded to working artists of consistent excellence. In addition, the signature members may display their work on the Signature Member page on the PSME website. Artists who have previously been awarded signature status may retain that status by maintaining PSME membership. Failure to pay dues will result in lose of signature status and will require reapplication.
Download Signature Membership application form here.
Applications for Signature Membership will be reviewed the month prior to the annual PSME International Juried Exhibition Pastels Only! Please send your Signature Membership application and supporting documentation to Mary Beth Morrison, Membership Chair, at the address listed under the Pay By Check or Money Order heading.
You may make your membership payment using our secure online system with your credit/debit card. You will receive email confirmation of your membership payment. Please keep a record for future reference.
Pay By Check Or Money Order
Download the membership application form here.
Make checks payable to: Pastel Society of Maine and mail to:
Mary Beth Morrison, Membership
Pastel Society of Maine
21 Blackberry Lane
New Sharon, ME 04955